"Leatharcore" = Term/word by designer Apaulo Hart.
Leatharcore is a word designed to be a homage to Edgar Allen Poe's poem "Never More". Also a tribute to "Cellar Door" mentioned in the film Donnie Darko, "cellar door" has been cited as the most beautiful words as phrase and a perfect example of euphony in phonaesthetics. "Leathar" is the Old English word for leather and "core" is defined as the central, innermost, or most essential part of anything.
"Bespoke" = Term that means made to order.
- Each piece is hand made by artist and designer Apaulo Hart.
- If you are prompted to send measurements you must do so to ensure fit.
- If you are located in the Bay Area of California you may schedule a fitting by the designer by emailing directly from the "Contact" page.
Estimated construction time for each work:
- Collars and Cuffs = 2 to 3 weeks
- Hats and Head Gear = 3 to 4 weeks
- Harnesses = 2 to 4 weeks
- Vests and Hood-harnesses = 3 to 4 weeks
- Pants and Shirts = 3 to 5 weeks
- Jackets and Dresses = 4 to 6 weeks
- All sales are final.
- There are no returns accepted on custom items. If you have a issue with fit please refer to the "Contact" page and email directly.
Why so Expensive?
Leatharcore is original artwork. To buy a Leatharcore fashion piece is to invest in a work of art you can wear. Unlike other companies that outsource to Mexico and China, Leatharcore is made by hand in Berkeley California. You are supporting the revolution of "sustainable living wages" and "Fair Trade" practice for artists and traditional artisanal tanners operating in California.
Is Leather Sustainable?
- All leather is sourced from Napa Vally Hide House and other reputable tanneries in California (and sometimes Europe.)
- All items are made to last lifetime. Any item that is flawed by incorrect construction will be fixed free of charge.
- Until humans stop consuming meat products there will be animal skin. By purchasing leather from Napa Vally we support the tradition and respectful practices of using the whole Animal and not wasting a life or resource.
- The chemicals used in the tanning process are less harmful in some processes or equivalent to the chemical processes of any petroleum based product, i.e. Vinyl, nylon and "vegan leather". Leatharcore is committed to innovation in every way.
Any copied items, or IDEAS, sold and desributed for profit from this site will be handled by company lawyer. Please respect the art and original designs seen on this site by not stealing and copying ideas.
ALL content included in this site is copyrighted as a collective work under several world copyright laws, and is the property of Leatharcore. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Apaulo Hart. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of LEATHARCORE and Leatharcore.com used therefore in the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Leatharcore and Apaulo Hart.